Old June 6th 06, 04:28 AM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default Please HELP! NI8-SLI won't boot - A0 and C1 POST code

Thanks for trying to help. Yes, I'm using a Pentium D 805 CPU. My memory
is:
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspe...L2KIT6464AA804

It says it's 64Meg x 64, so wouldn't that be compatible? According to
Crucial's Memory Advisor, it should be:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...2DSLI&tabid=PM

I've read where some nForce4 mobos may not support the faster memory. Any
truth to that?

Yes, I get either POST code A0 or C1 with one long beep.

Thanks.
- Ed.

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:17:25 -0700, edhalsim wrote:

It's in the first DIMM slot. I have two memory sticks that I tried
switching out; no difference.

I haven't looked at the manual for your board, but that's not where it
must go in others when using only 1 memory stick. The manual I looked at
says it must go in Slot B1, which is the first half of the 2nd channel.
Look up one long beep, which I think you said you got. IIRC, that's a
first 64K ram memory error.

Well pardon me all to hell. I thought you had an AMD CPU. Found this in
your board manual. I'll let you determine if your ram meets these specs.

Due to chipset limitation, 128MB DIMM modules or double-sided x16 memory
chips are not supported.

Search for bios beep codes to verify the one you get.

http://www.amptron.com/html/bios.beepcodes.html