Old June 5th 06, 04:05 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default Please HELP! NI8-SLI won't boot - A0 and C1 POST code

Just bought an NI8 SLI mobo. Did the following:
- Connected it up with ALL THREE power connectors (ATX12V1, ATX4P1, and

ATXPWR1).
- Installed my CPU with stock cooler and connected to CPUFAN.
- Installed my memory.
- Setup the SLI bridge connector on the mobo to NORMAL
- Installed my graphics card.
- Connected up my mouse and keyboard and turned it on. POST A0 code (no
video).
- Turned it off, reset the CMOS and tried it again...same result - A0.

At times I've seen a C1 error accompanied by a long beep. I only have
one stick of memory inserted and according to Crucial's web site my
BL6464AA804 should be compatible.

I didn't even try hooking up my hard drives, DVD/CD ROM, floppy, etc.

What am I doing wrong, or is something just defective? If so, what? The
motherboard, CPU, what??? PLEASE HELP ASAP!!

Thanks.
- Ed.

NI8 SLI Motherboard
Ultra Connect 2 550 Watt ATX Power Supply
Pentium D 805
MSI RX1800 XT-VT2D512E
2 Crucial 512MB 240 PIN DIMM PC2-6400 (BL6464AA804)