Old May 16th 04, 06:05 PM
Dimitris

(Outlook User) wrote in message . com...
Ok. I tried an experiment that one of you suggested. Booted into VGA
mode. Tried suspend and hibernate. Results:

Suspended sucessfully from VGA mode. Resumed from suspend, but video
was very corrupted.

Hibernated and restored successfully from VGA mode.

Tried installing the latest WHQL certified video drivers from NVidia,
and suspending again in regular mode. System hung again.

Some of you asked about my configuration:

GA-7N400 Pro2 (Rev 2.0)
Leadtek Winfast GeForce2 Pro video card
Netgear FA213 ethernet
Soundblaster Live! XGamer sound card
2 identical WD 8 MB 7200 RPM ATA100 IDE drives in mirrored RAID
configuration
TDK CD RW
Pioneer DVD ROM drive
512 MB Kingston Single channel DDR266 RAM (2 sticks of 256 each), in
RAM slots 1 and 2 (single channel mode)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

The Vga mode was my suggestion . I like to get the credit for
success(not absolute success though). Anyway, you forgot to mention
your PSU power. Nevertheless i tend to believe it is something that
will be corrected with nvidia driver updates either for the
motherboard chipset or for the graphic card. I would suggest you go
buy a more recent video card, something like a Radeon 9200 128mb, or a
geforce 5200 128mb if you dont like changing camps(from nVidia to
ATi). Offcourse you could argue that the other guy with an ATi had
exactly the same problem. Taking that into mind my conclusion is that
AGP bus may doesnt behave correctly during suspend process..
Install the drivers for the graphic card but disable AGP bus, using
either directx diag(dxdiag.exe) or using Powerstrip fron entech. Then
try to suspend again. I believe it will work, and the perfomance hit
wont be so big in a Geforce2.
Try to search the forums at
www.nvnews.net for similar problems. There
might be a better solution there.