Old May 5th 18, 05:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Larc[_3_]

Default Strange occurence with SSD

I have a Samsung 850 EVO 124G SSD that I use for the system drive in my #2 desktop. I
recently noticed that more than 60G was being used by the C drive. I hadn't
installed nearly that much stuff. A Macrium backup done just 4 days earlier was only
16.5, not nearly large enough for 60+G. I checked out files on C and didn't find
anything that could have been responsible for the high number. The pagefile wasn't
too large and System Restore is turned off. Once I restored the Macrium backup of C,
the drive was down to just over 24.5G used. Better than 35.7G of data was lost.
Everything seems to be there and working as it should. No problems otherwise.

Any ideas what might have happened? I'm thinking there somehow may have been
disconnected data on the drive that Macrium wouldn't have backed up. But I don't do
much work on that PC and can't imagine anything that would use so much space. I
don't know exactly how long it had been there, but certainly not more than a few
months.

Larc