Old May 11th 05, 01:54 AM
kurttrail

Leythos wrote:
I just sent the following to my MS Partner contact at MS:

********
I have read the EULA, the OEM site documents, but as a MS Partner
company I can not get clarification on what constitutes a "Computer"
for the OEM licensing agreement. The agreement states that the OEM
license is tied to the first "Computer" that it is installed on, so
what single or group of components does MS strictly consider as the
"Computer". I have thought it was the motherboard, but the EULA
doesn't state that, others have suggested that it's the power cord.

Please provide a MS answer that clearly defines what constitutes a
"Computer" so that my customers can upgrade their computers without
violating their OEM licensing agreements.
*******

When I get a reply I will post it - they say it could be 24 hours for
a reply.

--

Worthless. It is not in the EULA, no one agreed to it.

Even the EULA is not the law, and if MS wants to sue someone over a
breach of EULA MS has to prove it in court. Just because something is
actually in the EULA, doesn't mean it's enforceable. And if it is not
in the EULA, MS can't PROVE in a court of law that the END USER ever
agreed to it!

If a contractual term is not in that contract, and not agreed to by both
parties, does it make a sound?

--
Peace!
Kurt