Old December 24th 03, 02:48 AM
Gkenney

Default 2 beeps on startup and no HDD LED - P4 Asus p4c800 - E delux

Hi all,

I just finished building a new rig based on a P4 3.2g and Asus P4C800 -E
deluxe MB with 1g of memory (Kingston Hyper X).

I've been working with the configuration for the last day or so and I
finally decided to put my old Herc Game Theater sound card in (I was using
the onboard audio).

Now during the post I get two quick beeps (I seem to remember only getting
one before). In the manual 2 beeps is a Parity Error. Not sure what that
is? Where would I go to look for a problem?

Also can seem to get the HDD led to work on the front panel. I've slipped
the thing on and off a couple of times and the light still doesn't work. I'm
pretty sure I've got it on the right connector.

Any thoughts or help on these two issues?