Old December 9th 09, 02:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David W. Hodgins

Default Best Nvidia Card for Gaming?

On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 08:57:46 -0500, Tom Lake wrote:

I'm looking for the best Nvidia card for gaming given the
constraint of a 475 Watt power supply. I have room in the

Don't know which will fit in that power supply, but can tell you
to avoid the GeForce 9600 GT. It recommends a mininum of 26amps
on the 12v rail. With a 500w ps that only put out 24amps on the
12v rail, the system would spontaneously reboot, or lockup. Had
to replace the ps with a 650w ps that puts out up to 50amp on
the 12v rail. Pay close attention to the max output on 12v.

Regards, Dave Hodgins