Old May 19th 04, 06:00 PM
Wayne Youngman

"John Smith" wrote
I disconnected the HSF months ago because it was prodicing horrible noise.
My machine is on DDR333 FSB and I had no problems yet. I should replace

the
vent (still under warranty), but I still don't feel like tearing the whole
computer apart just to fix this, neither can I miss my machine for a

week -
that's how long it would take for a dealer to replace it.

Hi,
that handy to know, as the standard NB-HSF is not that good. I just it off
the NF7-S and took it apart, lapped it etc and re-installed it using some
Arctic Compound. I think a passive Zalman may be a good option. . .
--
Wayne ][