Old May 18th 04, 05:03 PM
Wayne Youngman

Default ABIT NF7-S - Northbridge HSF - Weird Power plug?

Greetings,

Just servicing the ATHLON machine I built last year and sold in Feb, taken
it to pieces for a complete rebuild. Just took off the Northbridge HSF, and
yes hardly any contact was being made. I had just been running the PC
before I stripped it so the white goo was runny and the thing came off easy.

Anyway I was gonna replace the stock NB-HSF with a Vantec Iceberg but I just
noticed that the power plug on both the NF7-S and the NB-HSF is a midget
thing? not the same as the plug on the Iceberg *or* the other power headers
on the NF7-S mobo. Just took a look at my new AI7 and that has a *standard*
power plug on the NB-HSF.

Not sure if its possible to take the Back/Red wire from the midget plug and
somehow fit it into the standard one?

Any comments?
--
Wayne ][