Old September 18th 06, 06:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
***** charles

Default Resurecting a ProLiant 3000?

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...

***** charles wrote:
Yes. I have read several horror stores about getting raid controllers
to work especially under Linux. I would assume that Windows
would be no problem. The service packs are all written to work
with/under Windows. So to work on this machine is not purely a
Linux experience from a support standpoint. Does the Smart
Array Controller have a model number associated with it?

Sorry for my absence. My Grandaughter turned ONE YEAR OLD this weekend,
and I had to attend.

Can't fault you for that.

To answer your question, Charles, I would point you to this write-up I
did some time ago. It involves a 3000 with a 2DH Smart Array
Controller, running Linux:

http://www.pc-mod-squad.com/articles.html

Read the article. Your distro had no trouble with the controller,
but the video card was not a snap to set up. I suspect that newer
distro's would have less and less problems with raid controllers.

later.....

Take a look and see if this jives with the "horror stories" that you
have heard.

Jeffrey Alsip