Old July 24th 03, 09:29 PM
Lord-of-the-Geeks

"Graffo" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm putting together a system and want to use the TV out capabilities of

the
Graphics card. I have read that the Conexant CX25871 video chip offers the
best quality at the moment. The system is only going to be used for
recording/watching TV so I don't want to spend loads of money. Which

Radeon
would suit my system. I have an AGP slot available.

Radeon cards do not use 3rd party tv-out chips, they use ATI's own Rage
Theater chip (or whatever it's called now). You must be thinking of NVidia
cards where each manufacturer implements their own tv-out solution. You
don't have to worry about this with ATI, they all use the same tv-out
solution and it's good quality.