Old February 4th 06, 02:16 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Default Novell Desktop Linux 10: getting closer to a toss up betweenLinux& Windows?

On a sunny day (Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:50:04 -0500) it happened Yousuf Khan
wrote in :

Boney Tee wrote:
I got perfect SATA support with OpenSuse 10.0, the 64-bit version, no less.

My problem is video codec support right out the box an MP3 decoding.

Still, I'm well on my way to being MS-free.

If you got one MPeg4 codec, you can pretty much do them all. I use Xvid
on one machine, ffdshow on another machine and divx in a third. But what
about H.264? Are there Linux codecs for those yet?

ffmpeg, and if your compile a recent version of mplayer it has it too.