Old October 23rd 05, 01:33 AM
Alceryes

Default Is the Geforce 6200 256 Good for Age of Empires III?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thank you. I spoke to some guy today and he said that because I had an
AMD 2500XP that I should get a 128 because my computer could not "fill
up" the 256 and it would cause my games to lag. Is that true? What is
he talking about?

Thanks again for being helpful.

Whether or not you will fill up your video RAM has nothing to do with what
type of processor you have. It's dependant largely on what resolution you
play at and what eye-candy settings you are using.
But to answer your question, no, your computer will not lag if it can't
"fill up" the 256. It will, however, lag if it fills up the 128 and needs
more (having to use some slower system memory). There is no downside to
getting the 256MB version (except cost).
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes