Old February 10th 04, 03:23 AM
Philburg2

I hear NV40 cards are right around the corner and will improve the DX9
problems. If you can wait till May, you can get something that will
probably smoke the new ATI products. Its currently all speculation, but I
have faith....

"warlord716 yahoo.com" warlord716@NOSPAM wrote in message

"Dwood" wrote in message
Im planning to go to ati on their 9800 pro series for a card i can use

for
at least 6 months fx series is a great disappointment to me been with
5200-f5700u and never got a smooth game through. The smoothest card i

had
with nvidia is a visiontek mx400 still runs better than my 5200u +some

in
gameability havent seen the 5900 but why waste more cash?

I am still running a ti4200 and it is doing excellent on most games still.

The 5700 ultra is a decent card and a worthy competotor to the 9600xt.
But for about $170-200 you can get a 5900nonultra which is much better

than
anything in its segment. Additionally, it can easily be flashed to a 5950
ultra. google it for more info.

That way for $200 you get a card with an almost (a little less onboard ram

think) the capability of a fx5950 ultra which is awesome...

I would stay with nvidia if i were you

just my $.02