Old February 10th 04, 02:41 AM
warlord716

"Dwood" wrote in message
Im planning to go to ati on their 9800 pro series for a card i can use for
at least 6 months fx series is a great disappointment to me been with
5200-f5700u and never got a smooth game through. The smoothest card i had
with nvidia is a visiontek mx400 still runs better than my 5200u +some in
gameability havent seen the 5900 but why waste more cash?

I am still running a ti4200 and it is doing excellent on most games still.

The 5700 ultra is a decent card and a worthy competotor to the 9600xt.
But for about $170-200 you can get a 5900nonultra which is much better than
anything in its segment. Additionally, it can easily be flashed to a 5950
ultra. google it for more info.

That way for $200 you get a card with an almost (a little less onboard ram i
think) the capability of a fx5950 ultra which is awesome...

I would stay with nvidia if i were you

just my $.02