Old January 9th 04, 08:56 PM

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:15:59 -0000, "Bob H"
wrote:

Well, that is the question , as per the subject.

Prior to installing this board I had 2 Realtek NICs in my 2 MS boxes, Win2k
and Win98se, connected through a router to the internet, and everything was
working honky dory.
Now, with new Asus board and onboard lan chip in the Win2k box, I don't have
a working lan. Both machines can get online ok, both machines can ping each
other, and the icon in the taskbar says' data is flowing, BUT neither
machine can see each other in network neighbourhood!

Is this due to having 2 different NIC's or what?

Thanks

Hope I'm not telling grannie how to suck eggs. You have got both PC's
configured with the same work group?
--
Peter Langley