Old December 29th 03, 03:02 AM
Ziggy

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:54:44 GMT, lucky
wrote:

How much RAM do you have installed?
The limit with ME is 512meg and may be less with 98SE.
That will give you install problems.In all honesty, you should be
running XP with this kind of setup.

Don Girard wrote:

Make sure Hyper-threading is disabled when using win98/se

Did it. Also disabled stuff like raid, lan and other things. What still
puzzles me is that when I first boot, it says no devices attached but
yet when I get to bios, I can see my 15 gig drive just fine. I'd like to
note that if I change the enhanced/compatible IDE mode the c drive moves
from primary to third drive. So I'm not sure which one I should be in? I
have actually tried all possible combos, I think, and it didn't make
a difference, nothing showed while booting. So still I'm left with the
configmg error.

Also I do now realize it doesn't matter what shows up in control
panel/system. My modem is out of my board and it still shows up. So what
I said before about my cd being noticed there is totally meaningless in
safe mode.

I booted with a win 98 bootup disk and still couldn't get to my cd drive
so I guess I need to work on that so maybe something on the asus cd
could help.

I'm not so sure a bios d/l will help me, I noticed I have 1010 upon
bootup and from the asus site it seems that's the latest. Any other
things that may help me from the board site?

http://www.asus.com/support/download...4P800%20Deluxe

I even deleted power management so hopefully if there was a problem with
that, it's gone.

signed,
still frustrated