Old December 29th 03, 02:54 AM
lucky

Don Girard wrote:

Make sure Hyper-threading is disabled when using win98/se

Did it. Also disabled stuff like raid, lan and other things. What still
puzzles me is that when I first boot, it says no devices attached but
yet when I get to bios, I can see my 15 gig drive just fine. I'd like to
note that if I change the enhanced/compatible IDE mode the c drive moves
from primary to third drive. So I'm not sure which one I should be in? I
have actually tried all possible combos, I think, and it didn't make
a difference, nothing showed while booting. So still I'm left with the
configmg error.

Also I do now realize it doesn't matter what shows up in control
panel/system. My modem is out of my board and it still shows up. So what
I said before about my cd being noticed there is totally meaningless in
safe mode.

I booted with a win 98 bootup disk and still couldn't get to my cd drive
so I guess I need to work on that so maybe something on the asus cd
could help.

I'm not so sure a bios d/l will help me, I noticed I have 1010 upon
bootup and from the asus site it seems that's the latest. Any other
things that may help me from the board site?

http://www.asus.com/support/download...4P800%20Deluxe

I even deleted power management so hopefully if there was a problem with
that, it's gone.

signed,
still frustrated