Old December 29th 03, 02:20 AM
lucky

Default cant get p4p800 working, multiple problems

win 98se
new 400 watt power supply
512 ram
2.4 p4
4x 1.5v agp card

It took me hours to get to this point. I isolated one problem to a bad
new cable. Now I can get win98se to boot in safe mode but not in
normal. I get the CONFIGMG error described in this article

I tried the APM setting they said. Didn't work. I don't know how to
disable L2 and can't seem to find it in the manual.

I was going to try d/l a new bios however I cannot get my floppy or even
my cdrw working. The light to the floppy is solid green. I imagine I did
hear it a few times during rebooting. The cdrw is recognized in control
panel/system under safe mode, but I cannot access the floppy or the cd
drive upon bootup. I tried 2 floppy cables. The don't seem to go all the
way into the m/b but since they are both in the same way, and it's
correct per the notch in the cable, I don't think I could have 2 bad cables.

Regarding the solid green light, can you confirm the white wires are all
ground? I was worried I hooked them up wrong for the reset buttons and
just have the reset and power switches hooked up now. But before that,
the hard drive light was also on solid.

Upon bootup I get no devices found but if I go into the bios, I can find
the c drive listed just fine. The cd drive is not listed.

I'm totally lost and frustrated. I tried changing the P-ata and S-ata
settings to only p-ata but that didn't help. Should it just be on P ata?

Thank you for reading thru this mess. I'm so frustrated right now. I'd
appreciate any input. I'd think getting the floppy or cd would be a
priority though I can't believe win98se would need to be installed again
since safe mode works fine and there are no errors in control panel
system. I bet there is one setting I'm missing..arghhh