Old January 25th 04, 05:33 AM
No Longer a LiteOn Customer

"Jan Alter" wrote in message ...
Since you've not gotten satisfaction with Lite-on you might go back to the
original retailer and explain your story; no remedy to the problem, poor
communication, run-around, etc. I've had pretty good luck with their
products, but never had to deal with their service support. It is clearly
lacking from the details of this story.

Jan, thanks for your advice. I don't believe the original retailer
should be held responsible for the manufacturer's inadequate customer
service.

I will, however, notify the retailer (Newegg) about this case. It is a
very reputable retailer with EXCELLENT customer service. I have seen
certain brands disappear from their product line, due to poor customer
service. Try, for example, to find an item from VIA on their web site
(www.newegg.com). They used to sell VIA mini-ITX mainboards. They no
longer sell them...