Old January 23rd 04, 06:56 PM
JAD

I think its a "customer service' thing.....all good companies go to crap over time....when it comes to CS, why?, cost cutting...
they hit CS like the US/state government cuts school budgets.

"JamesMason" wrote in message om...
Look, all this crap is manufactuured on assembly lines in the worst
parts of Asia, their quality control department has an occasional
miss. The same thing can be said of Sony, Toshiba, etc... You just
testified that you have a history of positive experiences with Lite-On
products, so now with one bad experience you want to abandon them
(your choice of course) and you want to post here to try to encorage
others to avoid their products.

Based on what you've said I'll avoid the Lite-On LVD-2001, but like
you I've had a positive experience with the rest of their products
I've tried, it makes no sense to bash or boycott a brand just because
of one bad product (most likely your specific model was bad, how do
you know this one wasn't droped off a truck or something? Are you even
sure LiteOn is to blame?_

Grow up.

(No Longer a LiteOn Customer) wrote in message . com...
For a long while I thought one can never go wrong with purchasing
Lite-On products. That is why all the CD/DVD drives in my PCs are from
Lite-On (4 of them). So, it was only natural that when time came to
purchase a "consumer type" DVD player, I didn't think twice before
purchasing the Lite-On LVD-2001.

All seemed well, until I discovered that one of the functions is not
working as advertised and I needed Lite-On's customer service... It
has been quite a frustrating experience. They seem to consistently
reply with ambigous and evasive answers. When I finally requested
clear and explicit answers, I never heard from them again...

I ended up filing a complaint with the BBB and I will probably hear
from them soon. But for the benefit of all, I thought you may want to
know who you are dealing with. So, I am posting here my entire
correspondence (to date) with Lite-On customer service, copied
VERBATIM, except for my full name and other personal details.

Enjoy!

Ex-loyal Lite-On customer.