Old January 23rd 04, 09:03 AM
Stephen Austin

On 22 Jan 2004 20:51:30 -0800, No Longer a LiteOn Customer
wrote:

For a long while I thought one can never go wrong with purchasing
Lite-On products. That is why all the CD/DVD drives in my PCs are from
Lite-On (4 of them). So, it was only natural that when time came to
purchase a "consumer type" DVD player, I didn't think twice before
purchasing the Lite-On LVD-2001.

All seemed well, until I discovered that one of the functions is not
working as advertised and I needed Lite-On's customer service... It
has been quite a frustrating experience. They seem to consistently
reply with ambigous and evasive answers. When I finally requested
clear and explicit answers, I never heard from them again...

I ended up filing a complaint with the BBB and I will probably hear
from them soon. But for the benefit of all, I thought you may want to
know who you are dealing with. So, I am posting here my entire
correspondence (to date) with Lite-On customer service, copied
VERBATIM, except for my full name and other personal details.

snip

Just out of curiosity, were you dealing with Lite-On technical support? Or
a 5 year old child who is learning to spell?

Steve