Old December 15th 04, 03:03 PM
kony

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:36:06 GMT, Adam
wrote:

The 4 pin 12v connector was introduced with the P4, after your PSu was
built. BTW, AMD recommends a 300W PSU minimum for the K7 line. But I've
run a couple on 250W nits.

I was under the impression that the additional connector not only
provided more power but isolated power and ground planes for the CPU.

--adam

I don't think it isolates ground and power might depend on
the board. Some past boards would potentially run, albeit
with the potential for instability, with only the 20-pin
connector attached. Other boards won't, definitely must
have 12 in at the 4 pin connector.