Old November 26th 03, 08:00 PM
Michelle

From: "Rene Lamontagne"

I Meant the big video cable which is usualy attxched to the monitor and
plugs into the back of the tower to the video card connector, it would
appear that the monitor came with one as you say (not internal cable).

Ahhh, my stupidity, ok, gotcha ;-). Yes, the new monitor came with a new cable
so I guess that's ruled out. Bummer :-(

Dells are ok most of the time but a real pain to upgrade due to those
prprietory parts I have upgraded a few for friends and it's always a chore.
I build my own systems and build them for friends and therefore I can choose
all components to fit requirements and budgets, It's usually not cheaper but
I get a much better machine out of it.(also it's a hobby).

I've been hearing the same from others Rene. And the guy who put in my video
card & ram suggested building my own too but I think it would frustrate me too
much, but someday I just may take a class and try to learn how to do it. :-)

Well In your case I guess I would recommend reloading XP and The 3.9
Catalyst drivers from ATI, this would eliminate all old drivers which is
very important.
Flashing the bios may also be a solution as it may have become corrupted
(unusual but not unheard of ).
If that does not help than it would nearly have to be power supply or
motherboard. :-(

--

Thanks Rene. It seems like a lot of people are suggesting the power supply.
I'm going to take a look at Dell later and see how much they cost. (if my

Thanks for all the help & advice, I appreciate it. I probably wont be back
until after Thanksgiving (especially since I'm cooking) and I don't know if you
celebrate it but if you do, have a Happy Thanksgiving! (and if you don't, have
a nice Thursday? ;-) (my lame attempt to be funny, don't mind me, I've been
cooking for 2 days and it isn't over yet ;-) Thanks again! I'll let you know
what happens!

Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Michelle ;-)

Michelles Paint Shop Pro & More!
http://members.aol.com/Mish234/index.html
Original tubes, links to PSP sites, fonts, clip art, wavs and other fun stuff!