Old June 24th 03, 03:36 PM
Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"fred.do" wrote in message
The motherboard is a "Gigabyte SoA VIA KT400 ATX A" for £50.50 from DABS
also (http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-in...icklinx=285VWS)

I would email DABS.com and ask them whether the Maxtor hard drive includes
an adapter and cable but in the past they have just replied "why cannot
provide you more information than what it says on our site".

The exact title is "Atlas 10k IV 36.7GB U320 SCA"
Could the SCA stand for SCsi Adapter?

First off, if you don't know what a SCA is, I'd not mess with SCSI.

Second, Hell, NO. It's a hot-swap 80 pin connector.

Third - you just upped the ante on that drive by another $100US or
so, to get the proper chassis to plug it into.

Why do you want SCSI? Even at 10,000 RPM - you can buy SATA drives
at 10,000 RPM, and they're bigger than 36G.

RwP