Old October 17th 03, 09:31 PM
Ben Pope

S.Boardman wrote:
"Ben Pope" wrote in message
With what?

FSB333, AGPx4, all the stuff that I use now with the KT3 Ultra.

FSB from 100 to 200MHz, AGP 2x to 8x (I think... not the 3V signalling,
which was the first AGP spec.)

Adaptors that allow you to use parallel ATA drives on a Serial ATA
controller. Be sure to get ones that support optical drives (ATAPI,
presumably) if you want that (which is not what you've described, but
worth mentioning)

This looks like it will solve the problem, then... I can use the old IDE
RAID drives on a new SATA RAID motherboard, is that right?
In this case, would the MSI K7N2 Delta-FISR be a good choice? I picked it
as it's an MSI nForce2 board, has SATA RAID, and in a vain attempt to
future proof, 400MHz FSB.

Hehe... future proof until about now. Anything newer will be 64bit and a
completely different socket. The current Barton core is probably maxed
out... with a die shrink they may extend the 200FSB processors a bit.

Check the price of the convertors before you dive in... They're not simple
passive devices, I think they're about £15/drive, but yes, they will allow
your P-ATA drives to run off the SATA interface... whether or not you can
keep your existing RAID partition, I don't know.

Ben