Old October 17th 03, 08:00 PM
Ben Pope

S.Boardman wrote:
"Ben Pope" wrote in message

I wasn't thinking about overclocking... I looked at

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...detail.php?UID
=11

I wasn't either. Part of that that site details ways of getting your board
to work with a CPU that is not specifically supported.

Go nForce. MSI do a couple.

That's what I was hoping to use, it's backwards compatible, right?

With what?

You'll need some PATA - SATA adapters

Didn't know about these? Can you expand?

Adaptors that allow you to use parallel ATA drives on a Serial ATA
controller. Be sure to get ones that support optical drives (ATAPI,
presumably) if you want that (which is not what you've described, but worth
mentioning)

Needs to have five or six PCI slots, preferably 8x AGP, don't need on
board audio/lan/vga. Socket A obviously.

Hmm. Onboard != bad, and if you're tight on PCI slots...

I *don't* need the onboard stuff. I have six slots at the moment, one
vacant next to the vga card, two others with extra USB slots, D-bracket,
etc.

Fine...

Just pointing out that if a board is ideal for you, and, for example, has
onboard LAN but not enough PCI slots for you, you might be able to cope.

Ben