Old October 9th 04, 02:10 AM
Kevin

Does it happen when you right-click on a video file? If so, have a
look at Shadow78's posts on this thread:

http://www.techimo.com/forum/showthr...=117062&page=1

It worked for me. Might be worth a look even if it's happening under
different circumstances on your machine. You can isolate the issue by
starting the computer in Safe Mode. If the problem is not apparent,
then it's more than likely a driver issue.

I first saw this behavior when beta testing Windows XP SP2. Of course
I blamed the SP, but apparently that's not the case.

Kevin

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:31:25 -0700, Jason Gallas
wrote:

I have upgraded my video card from a PNY GeForce FX 5500 to a PNY
GeForce FX 5900. I just took the old card out, put the new one in and
booted up. I then re-installed the 61.77 drivers from Nvidia's
website.

Now my system flashes to black every now and then. I did a google
search and a website suggested completely uninstalling the old driver
in safe mode and then rebooting and installing cleanly. They also
mentioned a utility to uninstall.

Is there such a thing for Nvidia cards, and if not what is the best
procedure for this? Also, could these problems with the screen
flashing black be caused by something else?