Old October 7th 04, 06:40 PM
CapFusion

"Jason Gallas" wrote in message
I have upgraded my video card from a PNY GeForce FX 5500 to a PNY
GeForce FX 5900. I just took the old card out, put the new one in and
booted up. I then re-installed the 61.77 drivers from Nvidia's
website.

Now my system flashes to black every now and then. I did a google
search and a website suggested completely uninstalling the old driver
in safe mode and then rebooting and installing cleanly. They also
mentioned a utility to uninstall.

Is there such a thing for Nvidia cards, and if not what is the best
procedure for this? Also, could these problems with the screen
flashing black be caused by something else?

Try unisntall and or use DriverCleaner -
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

When you uninstall from Add/Remove Program, make sure you remove everything
when prompt.

I do not understand your last paragraph.
****
Is there such a thing for Nvidia cards, and if not what is the best
procedure for this? Also, could these problems with the screen
flashing black be caused by something else?
****
Can you clarify / rephrase this?
Do you mean, if this problem would happen to nvidia type of cards?

CapFusion,...