Old May 11th 04, 12:58 AM
~misfit~

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hi,

My short story/question is:

Is FX5200 AGP 8x backwards compatible with AGP 4x ?

My long story/question is:

I have a Pentium III 450 mhz and 256 mb ram.

Motherboard is asus P3V4X ( AGP 4X ).

The video card was TNT2 32 mb ram.

The problem was that the video card had a cooling fan.

The cooling fan attracted ASSLOADS of DUST !

The cooling fan was making a very annoying sound.

First I blowed many times to blow off the dust.

I reinstalled it the sound got worse...

I decide to run cold water over it to clean away the dust. ( now
black paint stuff leaking from it )

I also tried to open the cooling fan... but one screw was jammed I
could not open it.

Damn, I wanted to re-oil it

I let the card dry... I placed it back into my computer after 2 hours
of drying.

I wondered what would happen... it worked but some lines were
blinking.

So I knew something was wrong but I didn't care.

I knew the card was probably still wet and would probably die if I
started a heavy gpu intensive application.

Yes, an FX5200 will work fine. However, you'll have to wash it first and
install it wet as you're replacing a washed card.
--
~misfit~