Old July 30th 03, 02:07 PM
Richard

Default Leadtek Geforce 5 5900 Ultra TDH - High pitch noise !

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 03:52:49 -0700, Kevin wrote:

Arghhhhhhh this card is driving me crazy, ever since I have installed
this card whenever I scroll with my mouse theres a high pitch noise
coming from my computer - not from the speakers, but the computer
itself!!!

If I turn hardware acceleration right down, it disapears, but then the
cards useless.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem and knows how to fix it?

I have the latest 44.03 drivers, plus I have also tried Leadteks and
both have the same result:

My Spec

AMD 2800+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
Leadtek A350 Gef 5 FX 5900 Ultra TDH
1 Gig - Dual Bank DDR (Corsair)
Creative Audigy Platinum
OS: Win XP

Kinda sounds like the card may be broken. Is it under warranty? Can you
RMA it?

If so, I would give that a try. It's not a normal noise.
--
...::Richard::..
-