Old August 6th 03, 02:58 AM
Keegan

"JK" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:48:04 GMT, "Keegan"
wrote:

"JK" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 11:44:48 GMT, "Keegan"
wrote:

It should not be any problem with xp2000

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusu...pusupport.aspx

since it goes 1666 MHz, 12.5x 133, there should not be any problem
either with multiplier. So 'Jumper Free' should work.
Even with bios 1007.

This is good news! I merely have to change the S2K Skew rate to 1 and

drop
the chip in? According to that website the A7M266 supports Model 6 XP

2000
chips. The exact number on my chip is AXDA20000DKT3C do you know if

this
is
a model 6? According to this site it's a TBredA
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00173/ but it doesn't say anything

about
it
being a model 6.

Model 6 should be the fsb266 versions. No choice with the xp2000+, but
the xp2600+ is available in also the model 8, fsb 333 version.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont..._tech_docs/243

0
9.pdf

on page 13 it mentions fsb266.

Well that's too bad, I was hoping my chip would work.

Why should it not work. Your motherboard can run a fsb266 cpu.

266 is just 2x133, so motherboard and ram runs fsb133.

So you're saying it will work? Ok very cool, I will give it a try this
weekend and let you know if I was successful or not. Thanks again for the
info John!