Old January 22nd 05, 02:39 AM
BobR

Benjamin Johnson wrote in message ...

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 wrote:

Interestingly it's '6-Channel AC'97 Audio'!

"alsa" doesn't see the card, I've tried to use modprobe (naively, and
unsucessfully) to look for the card..

So I guess I'm just looking for a pseudo checklist from someone who knows
about these things, or has experienced similar problems.
-Ben

I had the exact problem in Debian.
Ran 'alsa-config' and 'sndconfig' and, even tho alsa couldn't see the AC97,
it started working. See if you can find those packages in your distribution.
I know mine is running under an "i810_audio" module.

Try modconf and see if "i810_audio" is there. Let us know how it goes.

http://www.linux.org/ look for "The Linux Sound HOWTO"

I know I have some better sound set-up documentation, but, I'm reworking my
Library on this machine and can't find them right now.
Sorry I couldn't be more help at this time.

--
Bob R
POVrookie