Old July 30th 04, 08:52 PM
dino

Seems OK at the moment. Dont many many changes. Too many to mension. Last
lot of change that seem to work are slowing down timings as you suggest and
also upping voltage to mobo. After i did both these i hasnt crashed yet
24hrs and counting.

"MCR" wrote in message
dino wrote:

Snipped

If I remove the sides of the case (both sides) and leave in the middle

of
the room with a domestic fan blowing onto the motherboard would this

help?

I have tried this with no help.

Currently

CPU 46 deg C
Motherboard 30 deg C
HD1 39 deg C
HD2 40 deg C

Any ideas?

Next thing to try is a memory test... go to

http://www.memtest86.com/

and download the software. Run it and see if it reports any problems,

Also... try setting the memory timings in the BIOS slower... it maybe
your RAM is ok for a slower rating, but is being taxed now.

In addition....

Another factor in my problem (a homebuilt PC) was the fact that my Mobo
(An Asus A7NX Deluxe or something ;-) , was quite 'fussy' with the
memory, and I had to return the RAM a few times.

Checked by MCR anti-virus system (http://www.crapsig.com).