Old July 28th 04, 10:42 PM
MCR

dino wrote:

Snipped

If I remove the sides of the case (both sides) and leave in the middle of
the room with a domestic fan blowing onto the motherboard would this help?

I have tried this with no help.

Currently

CPU 46 deg C
Motherboard 30 deg C
HD1 39 deg C
HD2 40 deg C

Any ideas?

Next thing to try is a memory test... go to

http://www.memtest86.com/

and download the software. Run it and see if it reports any problems,

Also... try setting the memory timings in the BIOS slower... it maybe
your RAM is ok for a slower rating, but is being taxed now.

In addition....

Another factor in my problem (a homebuilt PC) was the fact that my Mobo
(An Asus A7NX Deluxe or something ;-) , was quite 'fussy' with the
memory, and I had to return the RAM a few times.

Checked by MCR anti-virus system (http://www.crapsig.com).