Old July 28th 04, 08:46 PM
dino

"MCR" wrote in message
dino wrote:
Help needed!!!!!!!!!

I have an intermittent crashing problem. It roughly happens when I start

stretch the machine doing this like video conversion AVI to MPG etc. Or
alternatively it sometimes crashes when left alone with no programs

running.
It may be after 10 minutes or 5 days when left with nothing running but

is
usually 10% into converting a video file 700Mb.

I had problems similar to yours caused by heat. I bought a couple of
case fans and even the most taxing cpu activity doesnt overheat my
machine anymore.

If I remove the sides of the case (both sides) and leave in the middle of
the room with a domestic fan blowing onto the motherboard would this help?

I have tried this with no help.

Currently

CPU 46 deg C
Motherboard 30 deg C