Old December 3rd 03, 06:45 PM
Pen

I'd recommend crucial.com, since they will guarantee
compatibility with your machines.

"Wald" wrote in
message 27.12...
Hi group,

The present situation here at work is that almost half the people
work on newer, powerful machines, and the others have less powerful,
older machines. To be more precise, this mostly concerns Compaq
Deskpro's with Pentium II/III processors ranging from 300 to 700

Mhz.

Since it seems not very likely that there will be a total upgrade
soon, I was thinking of buying extra memory chips for these older
machines, since they all still run on 64MB.

I was planning to order chips from Kingston
(http://www.kingston.com), since the majority of the machines

already
have Kingston chips, but I'm a bit concerned for compatibility.
Some questions:

- will these guys deliver me the right kind of chip for each

machine?
Anyone experiences with Kingston regarding this? I understand Compaq
is quite sensitive for incompatibilities, so I guess I should watch
out.

- some machines have non-Kingston chips (usually 1x64MB). Will it
work if I put an extra Kingston chip in those? Or should I go for

one
brand per machine?

Thanks for any answers,

Wald