Old September 14th 03, 07:47 PM
Kalle K.

jaeger wrote:

In article ,
says...

The stupidest thing I?ve heard of are those Abit mobos without serial and
PS2.

That was a great idea, shedding useless and archaic ports. A shame they
abandoned it.

Unless you're like me, and run several linux servers without
monitors/KBDs/Mice... A serial console (done with a null modem cable) is
the greatest thing ever.

Basically the reason they're still around are external modems (the best
kind), and serial consoles... the second of these reasons continue to be
propogated by businesses who don't feel like having VGA KVMs for every
server. And why not... graphics cards on servers are buggy, and very
problematic.