Old January 16th 04, 04:02 PM
Chrisbe

Default Unable to play newer DVDs - Macrovision?

I have a Shuttle PC with a Radeon 9600 AIW card. I have it hooked up
to my Plasma TV using the ATI HDTV adaptor. I am using PowerDVD 5.0
but it does not seem to matter what software i use. I can play older
DVDs just fine but when I try to play newer ones (like Finding Nemo) I
get this error:

Error Code: F4D41436

TheTV Out port of your display card is not working properly. This copy
protected disc can not be played when the TV out function is enabled.

Any ideas what I can do? I thought i read somewhere that the newer
DVDs protect against copying via computers hooked up to TVs. I hope
this is a joke because otherwise there goes my investment in my HTPC.