Old July 16th 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

Default Upgrade options on 1850

"Scott" wrote in message
over the weekend my proliant 1850 refuse to post. I suspect either the
motherboard or CPU. So now I have a good excuse to upgrade the mobo/CPU
(PII or III, 500Mhz) which leads me to my question...what are my upgrade
options? And does the mobo uses a common form factor?

Thanks
Scott

That was the last generation of that style board, If the old p2 cpu's are in
the unit now, new (higher current) vrm's and some switch settings will
enable you to go to p3 500, 550 or 600.

I have a bunch of vrm's and 500's and 550's if needed. If the board came
with P2 cpu's the batteries are on their last leg too.