Old January 17th 04, 06:55 PM
newtothis

Default Router for new Dell Latitude D505 (Laptop) with Dell TrueMobile 802.11b/g mini pci wireless card

Hello all,

I ordered a new Dell Latitude D505 laptop from Dell. It changed the wireless
card from the standard Intel Pro/Wireless 802.11b mini pci card to the Dell
TrueMobile 802.11b/g mini pci card to take advantages of the g speeds.

I'll also need a wireless router to take advantage of the wireless
advantaged while anywhere in my house. I'll have a printer and scanner
connected along with high-speed internet access (Cable now, but switching to
DSL). Will just about any Wireless router work for my needs as long as it is
a 802.11g? I ordered the Dell 802.11b/g wireless router for $89, but I'm
seeing wireless routers go for much more than that. I just want to make sure
I'm getting what I need and not missing out on critical features by saving a
buck or two.

What do I really need in a wireless router to use it for the above reasons?
Will this basic Dell router work for my needs or do I need one a little
better? If so, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for any advice...