Old June 9th 07, 03:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
msg

Default powers itself on, all by itself

Phil wrote:

It would be helpful to post to this NG the names of any kernel modules
(either compiled-in or dynamically loaded) and any daemons responsible
for this condition, and also to inspect the source code and mention
the names of the authors responsible and their contact information.

Regards,

Michael

I'm trying to figure out what you want, it sounds like you want to
hire
a programmer.

Not at all. You reported solving the problem of instrumenting these
machines under linux; I just felt it would be useful to the world
to publicize what kernel modules and daemons are doing the job and
who wrote them or is responsible for them. If these include
'binary blobs' without released source knowing that would also
be useful.

Regards,

Michael