Old June 8th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

Default powers itself on, all by itself

It would be helpful to post to this NG the names of any kernel modules
(either compiled-in or dynamically loaded) and any daemons responsible
for this condition, and also to inspect the source code and mention
the names of the authors responsible and their contact information.

Regards,

Michael

I'm trying to figure out what you want, it sounds like you want to
hire
a programmer.

First, there is no magic "set of modules" to automate a bunch of
custom
servers or custom built applications. Learn Linux/Unix/Perl and
everything else
is VERY simple. All users would not have the same needs setting up and
controlling a batch of servers anyway.

In my case, it's all custom scripts and 99 percent of all our data
processing is by perl scripts amd we are building all the scripts to
do
everything.

I'm not for hire, but I'll be happy to share the basics on what you
may
need. So what do you need, how to load the new fedora on the Compaq's,
how
to configure the HP stuff in them, wol issues/setup, automating/
programming or just reference information.

I can/will put a basic how-to together to setup Fedora on these
Compaq's and
include the problems and cures I ran into, basic configuration and
perhaps
some code snippets and/or how to control power on/off/reboot from the
lan.

It's all very simple, if you know the what's (like version numbers of
what
works), the when's (the sequence to load what when), and how's (guess
the
what and when is the majority of how's!). Frankly, I'm amazed I
haven't had
a hundred people tell me how-to on the various questions/problems I've
had.

Nutcracker is one of the most advanced here on this Compaq stuff, his
only
problem he is a windows man. I have to use linux and want to stick
with
redhat/fedora.

Phil