Old June 8th 07, 01:55 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

Default powers itself on, all by itself

Perhaps a primitive question to someone, but why does it power itself
on, all by itself .

I still use a bunch of the old DL380G1's (dual 1gig, 2 gig ram) and
recently started upgrading to Fedora 6. The severers are working
flawlessly, all the health stuff installed and that too is working
properly.

My problem, I have a unit all hooked up but powered down, it turned on
all by itself. No wake on lan stuff, just the standard Compaq cards, a
5300/64 controller and a Compaq dual nic.

With me on an energy conservation kick, this thing is not cooperating,
any suggestions ??

Thanks, Phil