Old December 14th 05, 05:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Canon 4200 - Refill in Place ???

"John Thomas Smith" wrote in message
So... instead of removing the cartridge to drill a hole and add
ink, would it be better to drill (or melt - I've seen at least
one message talking about a heated paper clip) the hole and just
add ink to the cartridge while it stays in the printer?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, "Burt" wrote:
Not a good idea, John. lotsa snip
Opening a fill hole permits ink to drip out of the ink outlet port
ink accidently drip from the syringe or out of the cartridge
don't want to leave the printhead with a cartridge out
vendors will come up with a solution to the problem quite soon

OK... when the originial tank(s) run out of ink I'll put in the
replacement(s) I bought with the printer, and will then see what
is available that says it is specifically for the 4200

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith