Old August 31st 03, 03:05 PM
127.0.0.1

"drumguy1384" wrote in message

"TC" wrote in message
"127.0.0.1" wrote in
ink.net:

thats a poor design.
i would purchase a quality HS + Fan and remove that case fan. if there
are other case fans to move the air, it should be sufficient. or put a
smaller fan to replace that obstrusive case fan. there are other
options on circulating the case. but the most important part of your
problem is getting a proper HS + fan installed.

It really makes you wonder if this guy thinks that Dell is "cutting costs"
by engineering new cooling solutions for each new system they come out

with.

A duct cooling system involves a custom heatsink, and a custom duct

housing
which has to be changed for every new system model. I would think that

just
plonking a decent CPU "HS/fan" type cooler on there would be much easier,
and cheaper. Why then re-invent the wheel with each new model?

Obviously ... because it WORKS BETTER!

Get a clue 127!

And TC, thank you for saying what I had been itching to since the first
ignorant post I saw from this guy.

Drumguy

stay on topic please.
Original Poster (OP) needs help with his overheating problem, not a debate
on how well dell designs their mass produced products. Drumguy still has yet
to post a solution.
i gave my suggestion on adding a new Heat Sink (HS) + fan. what has Drumguy
suggest? leave it alone because it shouldn't be overheating? that's not a
solution.

i'm not the type to lecture someone who needs help. if i can fix it, then i
will. will i teach that person the physics involved in locating the cause of
the problem? not for free.

i may be ignorant, but at least i'm polite.
my last post on this thread...