Old August 24th 17, 02:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

Default Dell Latitude adapter

Someone gave me a Dell Latitude D630

It works OK except the battery will not charge.

The power adapter is non-OEM but of the right voltage and current.

On boot-up I get the message that it cannot determine the adapter and
the unit will not be able to charge.

I searched some on-line forums and see that the only way to avoid that
problem is to actually get an OEM Dell adapter.

Though I can pick one up on eBay for under $20 I am trying to figure out
if there is a work around and how the BIOS can determine the adapter is
non-OEM

I can turn the warning message off in the BIOS but it still does not
allow it to charge.