Old February 25th 04, 09:37 PM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:24:24 -0500, Dennis E Strausser Jr wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm going to do it anyway, but I know there's a pin on
the 2000+ that you can cut to unlock the CPU's multiplier, which one is
it? Thanks.

There is no such pin. Which core 2000+ do you have, Palomino, Tbred A, or
Tbred B? What MB do you have? What are you trying to do?

It's a Thoroughbred b
I was only thinking after I sent to the group, I did forget MB Gigabyte
GA-7N400 (none of the extra's that some of these boards have.) But I don't
really need 4 IDE's 2 IEEE 1394 & Raid Sata just to Overclock.

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard..._GA-7N400.htm# The
number thing is part of the URL

That kinda makes me wonder a little bit, even on here I see people going
with Pro Boards all the time.
Why & what would you want all those extra's for? From what I've seen so
far, and I have looked.
It's hard to even find a server case with much more then 8 drive bays, 12.
I have found one's with 12.
I can't remember who, but there's boards out there with dual sata quad ide &
Scsi on board.
It's got to be the Intel Xeon line somewhere, but I would't bet against
there being Athlon 64 Dual boards that can do it too.
one 120Gb is enough for me anyway. And I have a SCSI Card to hook up to if I
feel I need more room, it's max is 40MB/s

Sorry for that..
What can you tell me? I did re-set the board, so the cpu has to be locked if
it stays @ 12.5x & no higher.
Denny. :-) Always with a smile, even if times are bad.