Old February 25th 04, 08:49 AM
Chip

"Dennis E Strausser Jr" wrote in message
I'm not sure if I'm going to do it anyway, but I know there's a pin on the
2000+ that you can
cut to unlock the CPU's multiplier, which one is it?
Thanks.
Denny. :-) Always with a smile, even if times are bad.

There are three possibilties, depending on how old the CPU is.

If its "old" - like maybe 18months old - then it might be a Palomino chip,
in which case it can be unlocked by connecting all the L1 bridges.

If its more recent - but older than around September last year - then good
news; its unlocked already.

If its "new" - like after September 03, then its hard locked and -
practically speaking - there's nothing you can do to unlock it.

Chip.