Old July 24th 03, 04:14 AM
Bob Davis

If you can get your money back on the RAM you've already purchased, try
Kingston KVR400X64C3A/512, which is what I'm running (2 x 512mb modules) on
my 8KNXP with no issues. You can buy a matched pair at a good price at
www.mwave.com (Product catalog Memory Kingston DDR DIMM Second item
from the bottom [KVR400X64C3AK2/1G ]). YMMV, but it might be a good option
to try.

You're not alone having trouble with RAM compatibility on this board.
Regardless of what you do, please let us know how you make out.

"modem" wrote in message
My issues are pretty straight forward. When i orginially got my 8KNXP
motherboard I got two generic DDR400 sticks of ram that gave me
issues. Both were identical, but only 1 stick would actually boot the
system at all. The second stick gave fast, repetitive beeps nonstop.
The stick that did boot the system, I checked it with memtestx86 and
that said it had 60,000+ errors in 3 hours of testing so I knew there
were compatitbility issues.

So I went out and got two sticks of Corsair XMS CMX512-3200C2PT
brad/model memory thinking this would solve my problems. No such
luck, BOTH sticks of Corsiar when inserted individually or at the same
time give the nonstop, repetitive beeps acting as if there were no
memory there.

What is wrong here? I've updated the BIOS to F6e, tried everything...
HELP!

Brad